Our newsletter, Saint John’s at the Crossroads, is a great way to keep up with all our activities, from worship and fellowship to education and outreach. Each issue contains articles written by clergy, staff, and parish leaders. Publication is biweekly in summer months.
Archived Crossroads issues – earlier than Feb 2015 (click for list)
- Feb 1, 2015: FAQ – Teen Pilgrimage 2015, Adult forum – Exploring interfaith engagement, Spiritual Gift classes for Lent, Women’s book club, Felix Hora’s Feb 28 “Picturing Mary” guided tour, Wednesday morning prayers during Lent, and more.
- Jan. 25, 2015: Spiritual Gifts – A class for Lent, Jan 31 wine party, Feb 15 Broadway and Chocolate, March 7th parish-wide auction, New kneelers – Help needed for 3 weekends, Call for tellers, and more.
- Jan. 18, 2015: Crossroads goes paperless! Pasta Bingo, Adult forum: Teens drugs and alcohol, Shepherd’s Table, Stephen Ministry, and more.
- Jan. 11, 2015: Sign up for Community-Based Shelter Week, the rector on how God speaks to us, Bethesda Downton Plan, a book blessing, and why doesn’t our society encourage singing and making music?
- Dec. 21, 2014: A new parish administrator, Christmas “presence,” the Christmas week schedule, music notes, books on mortality and a mystery of “vanished husbands,” and more.
- Dec. 14, 2014: Staffing news, Adult forum: Development next door and Bethesda-wide, Church school Christmas pageant, Annual open house and potluck Dec 21, Men’s book club, Outreach Sunday, and more.
- Dec. 7, 2014: Update, address, and request for prayers for Brian Briggs, new Holy Land committee meeting plans, Felix Hora on Dec. 9, jumping games, sirens and “Moses the Moose” in Primary Choir, and more.
- Nov 30, 2014: Sari+ on the joy of generosity, New Holy Land working group, Decorating St. John’s for Christmas, Men’s retreat, Advent lessons and carols on Nov 30th, and more.
- Nov 23, 2014: John Ross on “My St. John’s,” Women’s book group, Advent service Nov 30th, Poinsettia and wreath sale, Donate a Thanksgiving meal, Outreach Sunday, and more.
- Nov 16, 2014: Jacqueline Job on “Embraced by My New Congregation,” Donate a Thanksgiving meal, Save the dates for upcoming Advent and Christmas events, Thank you to Suzanne Welch, and more.
- Nov 9, 2014: Tom Kerr on “Caring for the Earth,” Update from Sari on search for associate rector, Poinsettia and wreath sale, Men’s Chill Grill, and more.
- Nov 2, 2014: Jane Houlihan on “What Makes Your Heart Sing?” at St. John’s, upcoming forum on “Discerning God’s Will in My Life,” October vestry highlights, and more.
- October 26, 2014: Margaret Hilton on our outreach ministries, Book sale and preview, Samaritan ministries gala, New altar for children’s chapel and more.
- October 19, 2014: Meet our newest teens, David Maginnes’ journey to St. John’s, a meditative recommendation from the rector.
- October 12, 2014: From the Heart stewardship campaign, Learn flower arranging, A Wider Circle needs, New children’s chapel space, and more.
- October 5, 2014: Animal blessings and pet adoption fair, NPF grant applications, Eco Action Team, Ladies luncheon, and more.
- September 28, 2014: Sunday forums, Sari on The Five Love Languages, New Parents’ ministry, and more.
- September 14, 2014: Be an Acolyte; New Parents Ministry; Book Sale; Middle Eastern lunch and guest speaker, and much more
- September 7, 2014: Welcome to Church School (A chance to experience another dimension!); Music Notes; Rector’s Corner; upcoming Middle Eastern lunch and guest speaker, and much more
- August 24, 2014: Bishop’s Appeal for Urgent Aid to Episcopal Hospital in Gaza; Rector’s Corner; St. Barnabas Celebrates!; Kitchen Refrigerator; and much more
- August 10, 2014: Aug 10 Goodbye Celebration for Sarah and Paul; Caring for Children; Development in Bethesda; Blessing of the Backpacks and more
- July 27, 2014: Farewells from Sarah and Paul; Women’s Book Group; Vision and Lenton Circle Gatherings; Outreach Sunday and more
- July 13, 2014: Farewells; Rector’s Corner; Passages; Vision; Outreach; Strawberries and more
- June 29, 2014: Sarah Lapenta-H’s news on August transition; New Cross for Nave; Strawberry Festival; Women’s Retreat; Centering Prayer; Eco Action Team
- June 15, 2014: From the Rector; Outreach; Rite 13; Welcome; Education; Beautification; Fellowship
- June 1, 2014: Letter from the Rector and Sr Warden; Teacher Thanks; Adult Forum; Parents of Infants & Toddlers; Passages; Wednesday Bible Study; Music Notes; Vestry Highlights; Downtown Bethesda; PB&J; Vision Thing; Caring for One Another
- May 25, 2014: Children’s Chapel; Rector’s Corner; What’s in Your Water? Music Notes; APM Minutes; Did You Know?
- May 18, 2014: Introductions; Rector’s Corner; Music Notes; Adult Forum; United Thank Offering; Parking Lot Paving Rescheduled; Men’s Chill Grill; Women’s Book Group; Capital Pride Parade; The Vision Thing
- May 11, 2014: Vestry Retreat; Passages; Pilgrimage Forum; Parking Lot Paving; Living in the City; Youth Appreciation; Bocce & BBQ; Music Notes; Outreach
- May 4, 2014: Election Results; Rector’s Corner; Passages; Adult Forum; Pizza, Beer & Jesus, Youth Appreciation Dinner; CAMP JOY; The Vision Thing; Caring Well for One Another
- April 27, 2014: Annual Parish Meeting Sunday; Outreach Sunday; Rector’s Corner; Flower Sale; NPF Applications Due; Men’s Book Club; Vestry Highlights; The Vision Thing; Did You Know?
- April 20, 2014: Resurrection Road; Youth Group Flower Sale; Music Notes; Passages; NPF Grants; Women’s Book Group; The Vision Thing
- September 8, 2013: SPECIAL ISSUE: St. John’s Vision Process
Sign up to receive Norwood News
In addition to the weekly Crossroads newsletter, St. John’s uses an email list called Norwood News occasionally for more time-sensitive updates and announcements. If you would like to be added to this list, please click here or email the church at email@example.com.