Op Shop Reopens!
The St. John’s Opportunity Shop is currently open on an adjusted schedule for indoor and outdoor sales as well as for accepting donations (see details below).
Come browse through the full range of Shop treasures, from clothing and jewelry to household items and small furniture. Please pack donations in boxes or bags that can be left at the shop-it will not be possible to unpack individual items.
The Shop is not able to accept items on consignment just yet.
The Opportunity Shop is a nonprofit consignment and thrift store in downtown Bethesda-Chevy Chase. St. John’s sponsors the Op Shop as an Outreach Ministry to benefit our community and charities.
What We Sell at the Op Shop
We sell donated and consigned items:
- Clothing and shoes, jewelry, purses, scarfs and accessories
- Baby equipment (but not toys)
- Art, framed pictures, decorative items, pottery, and seasonal decorations
- Linens, quilts, curtains, rugs
- China, glassware, silverware, pottery, pots, pans, kitchen equipment
- Lamps, chairs, mirrors, tables and other household furnishings
We do not sell:
Visiting the Op Shop
- Location: 4504 Walsh Street, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Indoor Shopping: Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10am-4pm by appointment only. Call 301-654-4999 starting at 9am each day to reserve time during that day. Masks required.
- Outdoor Shopping: Saturdays from 10am-3pm in front of the shop. Masks required.
- Donations: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 10am-1pm. Please bring donations to the side door in boxes and bags you can leave at the shop. Masks required.
- Public Parking: Montgomery County Parking Lot 10 directly across the street
Op Shop Map
Contacting the Op Shop
- Phone: 301-654-4999
- Email: email@example.com
Donating to the Op Shop
- When: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 10am-1pm
- What: You may donate any of the items listed in the What We Sell list. All donations must be clean with no broken or missing pieces. We reserve the right to decline items for donation for any reason. We will provide you with a dated receipt for your donations.
- How: Please bring your treasures to the side door (follow the social-distance markings on the walkway) in paper bags or boxes that you can put directly on the shelves rather than unpacking individual items. Masks are required.
Selling Items on Consignment
- Consignment is not available at this time. Thank you for your patience.
Volunteering at the Op Shop
Gain retail experience – or use the experience you already have. We need clerks, cashiers, sorters, taggers, wrappers and helpers to greet our shoppers, donors, and consigners. Students in Montgomery County Public Schools are eligible to earn student service learning (SSL) credits by volunteering at the Op Shop.