- This event has passed.
Reclaim Our Vote Phone Bank Training
Thanks to all postcard volunteers and to leaders Nancy Adams, Denise Galbo, and Lisa Raisner! We are finishing nearly 6,000 postcards to voters in South Carolina, Texas, and Georgia communities of color. Please mail your last postcards by October 11th. Nationally, Reclaim Our Vote volunteers have sent nearly 6 million postcards to counter voter suppression in target states.
Now, Reclaim Our Vote asks all postcard writers to switch to phone calling during the last weeks before the election. Register here for our St. John’s guided phone bank with training on Monday, October 19 at 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
Why phone bank?
- Use the power of the human voice! Calling is second only to door to door canvassing in effectiveness for reaching voters. Phone calls by real people can increase turnout by 2-3%, which is more than the margin of votes in many elections.
- ROV phone banks work. For example, 82% of the Georgia voters called by volunteers voted in the June, 2020 primary.
- It’s not your traditional phone bank. We call voters of color who have been ignored by the candidates for decades. For some, it is the first political call they have received in years — or ever.
- We do not ask them for anything. We invite them to vote, and give them information about voting. Many times, they thank us.
- We deliver key voting information even if we don’t reach people, because we leave messages!
If you have any questions about the phone bank, contact us at email@example.com.