- This event has passed.
Outreach Sunday for Bethesda Help
On Sunday, April 26th, all undesignated contributions will be donated to Bethesda Help, an all-volunteer ministry. In the face of COVID-19, Bethesda Help volunteers continue to provide emergency food and financial assistance to residents of southern Montgomery County with the following services:
- A three-day supply of food for each member of the household delivered to area homes, regardless of income
- rent – partial or full payment on overdue rent for those who have received an eviction notice
- utility service – partial or full payment on utility service for those who have received a disconnection notice
- prescription medicine – full or partial payment on verified physician’s medicine prescription
Bethesda Help’s emergency assistance prevents families on the financial edge from becoming homeless in the midst of the current pandemic. Please give generously.
- Donate through our online Breeze portal. Select “to Outreach Sunday” in the fund drop-down menu.
- Text “outreach” to (301) 685-7608. If this is your first time making a text donation, you will be directed to an online form to set up text donation information in Breeze.
- Mail us a check. Checks should be made payable to St. John’s Norwood Episcopal Church with “Bethesda Help” on the memo line. Our mailing address is 6701 Wisconsin Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.