by Scott Yeomans, Eco-Action Team
During Lent 2021, the Eco-Action Pledge Program offered contemplation, prayers, fasts, and disciplines along with thanks. Eco-action team members Jay Mallin and John Lincourt offered wonderful vegetarian and vegan recipes to help nourish us in Lent as well. There were six recipes for you to try and to make part of your meal planning for years to come.
We have collected all six recipes and combined them here into one Crossroads article so that they can be found all in one place. Enjoy these, experiment with them, and share them with family and friends!
- 19 Feb. – Lentil pottage – Jay Mallin
- 26 Feb. – Five star veggie skillet chili – John Lincourt
- 05 Mar. – Tofu with veggies – Jay Mallin
- 12 Mar. – Cauli-rice bowl with black lentils – John Lincourt
- 19 Mar. – Vegan coconut-ginger black beans – Jay Mallin
- 26 Mar. – Southern veggie plate – John Lincourt
Also, don’t miss out on Hala Aboussaly’s upcoming cooking class in which she will teach us how to make a traditional vegetarian Lebanese dish adass bi hamod.