The COVID-19 crisis has presented significant challenges not only to daily life, but also to our typical responses to crisis. St. John’s working to faithfully serve our community and you can be a part of the effort!
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to sign up.
Donate Your Money
Helping the Helpers Fund
This fund is being used to provide meals, hand sanitizer, and masks to first responders in our community as well as addressing food insecurity issues in Montgomery County.
Please consider supporting Helping the Helpers. Donations can be made online or by check:
- Online: Click here for online donation form. Please select the “Help the Helpers – COVID Responders” fund from the drop-down menu and write “Help the Helpers” in the memo line.
- Checks: Checks should be made out to St. John’s Episcopal Church with “Help the Helpers” in the memo line. Please mail checks to 6701 Wisconsin Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD 20815.
Here 2 Help (H2H) Hunger Relief
Launched by a B-CC High School senior, H2H feeds the hungry in the B-CC cluster (with some food now going outside the cluster). Click here to sign up to help or to request food.
Interfaith Food Drive for Manna Food Center
St. John’s is joining our interfaith partner the Islamic Community Center of Potomac (ICCP) in sponsoring a food drive for Manna. ICCP will accept food dropped off at the ICCP Café at 10602 River Road, Potomac, 20854 from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm daily and will then deliver it to Manna in Rockville. Join our interfaith effort!
Please check Manna’s most needed food list before donating. You can find that list here.
Donate Your Time
Build Hope From Home with Habitat for Humanity
Build Hope from Home by purchasing a DIY project kit. The furniture you build can be kept or donated to Maryland Metro-area families being helped by Habitat for Humanity.
For more information about volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, visit click here.
Deliver Groceries for CASA Families
Can you be a driver and deliver weekly groceries to 5 to 10 families?
CASA needs committed individuals like you to help us bring much-needed resources to immigrant families in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties that are facing extreme hardships. Please, fill out this form, and become a driver that delivers food.
Please consider donating blood and giving our front-line medical personnel and their patients one less thing to worry about! Donating blood is safe and serves a critical need in our healthcare system.
You can find a list of available American Red Cross donation appointments near the church (or your home) here.
You can read more about the safety of donating blood and how to do so here.
Support Manna Food Center
There are several ways that you can support the work of Manna Food Center:
- HarvestShare helps residents grow extra food in their gardens to donate to Manna. Please grow “an extra row” in your garden for donation to Manna!
- Send a card of encouragement to a Manna staffer (Address: 12301 Old Columbia Pike, #200, Silver Spring, MD 20904).
- Bake goods or other treats for Manna volunteers (great for Girl and Boy Scout troops, teen groups, and youth clubs).
For more information about helping Manna Food, click here.
Volunteer with A Wider Circle
A Wider Circle has a number of opportunities for volunteers, including:
- Support workforce clients by guest-speaking, giving resume feedback, or acting as a mock interviewer.
- Teach a workshop on computer, communication, interviewing, or organizational skills.
- Network on behalf of our participants for specific jobs that include customer service, entry level technology positions, teaching, nursing, social services, hospitality, and housekeeping.
- Teach a workshop on stress management, exercise, nutrition, grief, preventive care, or self-care.
- Become a financial coach or offer to prepare taxes on a pro-bono basis for a participant.
- Offer to assist a participant in resolving credit issues.
For more information about working with A Wider Circle, click here.