Learn and Grow
Following Christ is a journey in which we are constantly called to learn and grow. At St. John’s, we are committed to education and to providing opportunities for individuals of all ages to grow and mature into their best selves.
What We Do
- For children: During the school year, St. John’s offers a dynamic church school program on Sundays at 10:00 am for preschool through grade 6. Well-trained volunteer teachers lead the children in lessons and activities based on the week’s Scriptures and the timeless stories of our Christian faith.
- For youth: St. John’s offers Journey to Adulthood (J2A), a spiritual formation program for middle- and high-school students during the church school hour. J2A uses Bible study, prayer, rites of passage, outreach ministries, and both serious and playful activities to underscore its two guiding principles: first, manhood and womanhood are free gifts from God; and second, adulthood must be earned.
- For adults: At St. John’s you will find a rich array of opportunities to grow through spiritual education and formation, spanning lively presentations and discussions, Bible study, in-depth theological education, parenting seminars, and much more. Our most popular offering for adults is our Adult Forums on Sundays at 10:00 am from September through early June. Visit our Facebook page for upcoming topics and speakers.
How You Can Get Involved
- Participate: Visitors and parishioners are welcome to attend any of our spiritual education and formation offerings. The only programs that require a commitment to attend multiple sessions are confirmation classes, offered over a four-week period, and Education for Ministry (EfM), a four-year theological education program.
- Volunteer: All of our education programs depend on parishioners who are willing to contribute their time and talents to build up the Body of Christ at St. John’s. Opportunities range from assisting with an Adult Forum or parenting program session to teaching church school to assuming a leadership role with one of our programs.