Last spring, Bethesda Cares was asked by Montgomery County to extend their services to house those suffering chronic homelessness in Silver Spring. They hope to house around 65 people by the end of March 2018.
This fall, Bethesda Cares will furnish the first ten apartments for homeless individuals for whom the county has found housing. Bethesda Cares has asked for St. John’s help in furnishing one of the apartments on November 11. Furniture will be provided by another donor, and we are hoping for numerous small donations of home goods (kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom furnishings, plus lamps, etc.) that are new or gently used to help furnish a small apartment.
- We need donations to be dropped off or picked up from your home on the weekend of November 4-5
- We need a crew to move items to the apartment on November 11.
- Where: You have two options:
- You can drop off donations in Bethesda at a location near St. John’s (address to follow)
- You can email Julia Andrews with your address and phone number to have donations picked up at your home
- How: Use this SignUpGenius to sign up to donate items and/or assist with moving items on November 11.
If you have any questions, email Julia Andrews,the Outreach Chair.
Thank you for helping our neighbors in need!