If you have an idea for a project that is beyond the scope of St. John’s annual budget, consider applying for a grant from St. John’s endowment, the Norwood Parish Fund (NPF).
Grants are available for four types of projects:
- Capital needs of St. John’s
- Outreach ministries
- Seed money for new ministries and special, one-time projects
- Other purposes that are specifically designated by donors whose gifts are included in the Fund.
When to apply
Applications are due by Monday, November 6th.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Application for a Norwood Parish Fund Grant.
- Email your application to Co-chair Elizabeth DuPont Spencer: edsmsw[at]gmail.com and place a hard copy in the NPF box in the church office.
How projects are selected and approved
The NPF’s board of St. John’s members reviews the requests and then recommends grants to the Vestry for final approval.
What kinds of projects have been funded?
- Refurbished kneelers in the Chapel
- Portable tables for our hand bells and tuning of the bells
- Bibles for the 3rd grade Church School class
- Security equipment for the Op Shop
- Support for the search that brought us our current rector, Sari Ateek
- Launch of our 5:30 p.m. Come as You Are worship service
- Journey to Adulthood (J2A) program
- Prayer shawl ministry
- This website
How is the Norwood Parish Fund funded?
The Fund was established with proceeds from the sale of the parish’s residential property on Bradley Lane and ongoing memorial gifts through planned giving of parishioners. It has grown steadily since its inception but, like all things at St. John’s, requires nurturing to grow.